You will work on embedded SW/FW for connected devices in the home, such as smart light bulbs, smart home sensors and high-end voice activated remote controls as well as gateways such as smart home speakers, routers and STBs.
The clients Applications Team guides and assists customers from project start to mass production with implementation of the IoT silicon into their products. As part of the application team, you will work on next-generation IoT products, such as smart home speakers, home security/monitoring sensors, connected light bulbs, etc. You will contribute by writing embedded SW (firmware) for these devices. Your efforts are highly visible in the end product and make the difference for our customers. Our customers include major US and EU operators, consumer electronics manufacturers and other worldwide recognized technology leaders. You will cooperate with engineering teams of our customers to develop IoT products from prototyping through to mass production. As part of the IoT SW team you define and build reference applications for our ZigBee/Thread/Bluetooth Low Energy IoT silicon. You bundle these reference applications in Software Development Kits and support the engineering departments of our customers while integrating our SW into their product. Your focus will be on the embedded SW, either running on bare metal (no OS) or in a Linux operating system. You will work on firmware, low-level drivers, reference applications and new features and introduce these with our customers. Our customers will look at you as the expert on the IoT chips, IoT standards and technologies (IEEE 802.15.4, ZigBee, Thread, Bluetooth Low Energy, etc.). Using standard tools and by cross-referencing standards and documentation you will debug SW and interoperability issues in the wireless protocol stacks in specific customer platforms.
- Experience with C programming language
- Experience with programming and debugging embedded microcontroller platforms (ARM Cortex-M or similar) and using typical development tools and compilers (IAR, Keil, GCC)
- Familiar with embedded Linux (kernel driver development, userspace applications in C)
- Familiar with co-debugging software and HW issues, using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, digital multimeter, etc.
- Comfortable working in a customer-oriented environment. Open to communication with customers, both from a technical sales perspective as a customer support perspective
- Willing to travel worldwide occasionally (max. 10%)
- Problem solver, exhibits a natural tendency to anticipate on customer needs
- Excellent knowledge of English, strong communicator, both in writing and speaking
- Experience with wireless standards like ZigBee, Bluetooth Low Energy or Thread is an asset
- Work for a global leader in scalable and dynamic RF solutions Sr. Embedded Software Engineer (Applications Team)
- Great team of enthusiastic co-workers
- Exiting job in a strongly growing, international high-tech company
- New ideas are born and implemented as fast as you can manage
- A highly visible internationally oriented position
- A competitive salary package, in line with your expertise
Are you interested in the profile above? We look forward to receiving your application. You can apply directly by clicking the “apply” button. Any questions? Please contact 0620330047 or send an email to email@example.com