Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere.
Lightyear originates from the legacy as a multiple world championship of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge® Cruiser Class. Officially established in 2016 by 5 visionaries with the dream to make this groundbreaking technology accessible to everyone, everywhere. In order to accelerate the transition towards a truly sustainable solution for mobility, we believe that it is necessary to completely rethink automotive design by starting from scratch, not limited by industry conventions.
At Lightyear, we all strive for the same goal. We have a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds; all working tirelessly towards clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. We’re proud of our culture and live up to our core values: think independently, be bold, deliver the change, put people first and take responsibility. Our shared vision is what unites and drives us.
What will you do as an Electronics Engineer?
Our objective at Lightyear is to develop the most efficient long-range solar electric vehicle. If you join us you will become part of the Electrical domain within engineering. The opportunities and development potential we can offer is tremendous, think of our revolutionary inverters or perhaps your interest or build up expertise lies in other interesting areas within electronics. Either way, you will answer a broad range of electronics related questions throughout engineering with eagerness.
Your days will never be the same, you will work with highly motivated and talented colleagues on several challenging topics. On Monday you will work thoroughly on an "blocking" electronics topic and on Tuesday you will help making a detailed planning for a different part of the car. On Wednesday you will dive into a super specialistic simulation for Lightyears in-house developed Vehicle Performance Model and work closely together with our Performance Engineers. Thursday is a day in which you will work with our expanding Software team to develop a new tool that will make your work easier so you can focus on the truly interesting and future changing concepts. Of course, on Friday you will enjoy our epic (online)Friday afternoon drinks and at the end of the week having a highly contributed feeling about the achieved results. Building the way forward for Lightyear.
Because of our young and fast growing organization you are able to influence your activities in such a way that you gain the highest level of efficiency. Your entrepreneurial mindset can thrive to make sure that you work on the right topics at the right time. Your job will consist of but is not limited to:
- Model development and data analysis in Matlab/Simulink/PLECS
- Drivetrain performance engineering
- Motor Control Simulations
- Requirement & specification writing
- Electrical circuit design (Embedded, MCU, sensors, communications)
- Schematic and PCB design
- Guiding manufacturing (MES)
What do we expect from an Electronics Engineer at Lightyear?
In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. We are looking for people with an ambitious attitude who learn from the past (tried and tested) and who strive to set new standards. Furthermore we are looking for someone with:
A Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
2 - 5 years of relevant experience in the field of electronics design
Experience within a similar role, can be either within the high-tech industry or as part of a student team during your studies
Experience in electronics and electrical design with the ambition to keep evolving
Experience in electronics model development and data analysis in Matlab/Simulink and good Matlab/ Simulink script development skills
Willingness to offer support and advice in electrical engineering specific topics such as automation, processes and tooling
Fundamental knowledge of electronic systems analysis, modeling and control
Willingness to work in dynamical multidisciplinary teams
A strong desire to automate (e.g. using Python)
- Fluent in English is mandatory (Dutch is considered a plus)
What can you expect from Lightyear?
In addition to a challenging role with tremendous potential we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands
- 40 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours and all the tools and flexibility to work from your own home office
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- An interesting share plan that allows you to be highly involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic (online) Friday afternoon drinks
Are you interested in the profile above? We look forward to receiving your application. You can apply directly by clicking the “apply” button. Any questions? Please contact 0620330047 or send an email to email@example.com